Town Board Meeting:
June 24, 2013
at 7:00 p.m.
Origins of Sun Prairie
The Town of Sun Prairie was first organized as a town in the spring of
1848, with A. W. Dickenson Town Clerk. Its name was derived from the
following circumstances: In the spring of 1836, Hon. A.A. Bird and
party left Milwaukee to locate the Capital of the Territory of
Wisconsin. It was a rainy, cloudy time, and on the morning of the
eleventh day of their journey, while on the prairie, two miles east of
the present village of Sun Prairie, the fog cleared away and the sun
appeared for the first time since they had left Milwaukee. The party
shouted, with one accord, "Sun Prairie"!
Town Plan Commission Meeting:
July 18, 2013
at 7:00 p.m.
Open meeting in 2000 that led to the
creation of the current Comprehensive Plan.
Town of Sun Prairie Comprehensive Plan
Email Comments and suggestions
Meeting and Other
Meeting notices, ordinance adoptions
and other information are posted on three town bulletin boards.
The bulletin boards are located in the driveway of Homburg Farms between
4161 and 4167 CTH TT, at the
Town Hall, and on Lonely Lane near Hwy N. Also the official publication is in the weekly Sun Prairie
newspaper, The Star.
01/10/10 - Dog license prices
have been updated and can be reviewed here