*Public Hearing and Town Board Meeting
The Town Board of the Town of Sun Prairie met on Monday April 22, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. at the Town Hall, 5556 Twin Lane Road.
Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 P.M. by chairperson Lyle Updike. Supervisors Vernon Pogue and Doug Yelk, clerk Claudia Quick, deputy clerk Joan Rademacher and highway patrolman Dennis Farrell were present. Eight additional people attended the meeting.
Statement of Public Notice. The chair directed that the minutes show that notice of the Town Board meeting was published in the April 17, 2002 issue of The Star. The agenda was also faxed to the Capital Times. Copies were posted on the two town bulletin boards and the salt shed on April 19, 2002.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the minutes of the April 8, 2002 meeting. Motion carried.
Presentation from the Public. None.
Consider Preliminary Plans by R. Schworck to create residential parcels, sec. 24. Rick Schworck presented his plan. The consensus of the board was that he could proceed.
*Public Hearing – Consider and Take Action re: Petition #8418 by James and Mark Bradley to change the zoning from A-1 Ex Ag and R-1 Residential to RH-1 Rural Homes on property located at 5228 CTH N, sec. 28. The chair opened the public hearing. There being no comments from the public the chair closed the public hearing. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve petition #8418. Motion carried.
Guest Pat Ampee, Dane County Towns Association, current issues. Pat Ampee discussed the following:
- The next meeting of the Dane County Towns Association will be held in Stoughton at Halverson’s. It is the annual meeting and there will be a speaker discussing the new priority dispatach.
- Pat presented the board with a copy of the Board of Review procedures, which she obtained on the internet.
- Discussed the budget bill that is before the Legislature. Included in the bill are issues that may concern some Towns.
Consider and Take Action re: Petition #8384 by M. Disch-Freitag as amended by the County. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve petition #8384 as amended by the county. Motion carried.
Consider and Take Action re: Petition #8389 by S. Schlough as amended by the County. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve petition #8389 as amended by the county. Motion carried.
Consider and Take Action re: Defining specific days for hours of operation for C.U.P. #1773. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve six days a week excluding Sundays with the hours of operation to be from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Motion carried.
Consider and Take Action re: Resolution to approve sale of old EMS Building. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve the resolution authorizing sale of EMS property and person authorized to execute conveyance of said property. Motion carried. A copy of the resolution is in the Town Resolution Book.
Consider and tentatively adopt various amendments to town ordinances re: building permit ordinance, land division ordinance, burning ordinance. The board will review the amendments to town ordinances and consider them on a future agenda.
Old Business/New Business
- Dennis Farrell, highway patrolman, would like to put out bids for seal coating and blacktop and to consider said bids at the 2nd meeting in May 2002.
- Recycling grant awarded to the town in the amount of $17,590.00 for 2002.
- LRIP (local roads improvement project) was awarded to the town in the amount of $16,027.00 for Twin Lane Road.
- Fire meeting between the Towns, City and Firefighters was deferred to May 9, 2002.
- Court Commission meeting will be on April 29, 2002.
Set Next Meeting Date/Adjournment. The next meeting date was set for Monday, May 6, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 11:00 p.m.
Joan M. Rademacher, Deputy Clerk