The Town Board of the Town of Sun Prairie met on Monday May 6, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. at the Town Hall, 5556 Twin Lane Road.
Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 7:40 P.M. by chairperson Lyle Updike. Supervisors Vernon Pogue and Doug Yelk, clerk Claudia Quick and deputy clerk Joan Rademacher were present. Seven additional people attended the meeting.
Statement of Public Notice. The chair directed that the minutes show that notice of the Town Board meeting was published in the May 1, 2002 issue of The Star. The agenda was also faxed to the Capital Times. Copies were posted on the two town bulletin boards and temporarily at Buckshot’s Hwy. N on May 3, 2002.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the minutes of the April 22, 2002 meeting. Motion carried.
Presentation from the Public Deputy Sheriff Tim Tyler stopped by and talked with the Board.
Consider, Review and Act on Final Plat for Savannah Valley Subdivision: Mr. Dan Birrenkott and Mr. Dennis Midthun reported on the progress of the plat.
- Consider Early Start Permit for Roads. The town board concurrence with the early start of the road does not necessarily mean the town accepts any road until all items concerning the plat are met and acceptable.
- Consider Developer’s Agreement The board needs to see a developer’s agreement with the following issues addressed:
- Deed restrictions per lot
- Letter of credit for the road
- Park Fund Fees
- Septic and drain fields plan
- Erosion control plan which is approved by the County
- Homeowners Association agreement to preserve and maintain outlots
- Landscaping plan for specific lots
Consider Preliminary Plans by D. Stern for church and residential lots. Sec. 19.
Mr. Dick Stern will be at the May 20th board meeting with his plan.
Consider County Ordinance Amendment #34 regarding quarry zoning district. The consensus of the board was to defer this item to the May 20th board meeting.
Consider and Tentatively Adopt Amendments to following Town Ordinances:
- Burn Permit for Open Burning
- Building Code Ordinance
- Land Division Ordinance
- Ag. Site Permit Ordinance
After discussion the board recommended changes to the drafts submitted for their consideration. These ordinance amendments will be on the May 20th board meeting agenda.
Consider and Tentatively Adopt Town Ordinances:
- Ordinance Restricting the Size of Accessory Building Allowed on Non-Conforming A-1 Ex Ag Lot in Subdivision This ordinance was discussed by the board and will be on the May 20th agenda for further action.
- Ordinance Regarding the Enforcement of the Town of Sun Prairie Code of Ordinances
Vehicle Storage Ordinance
The previous 2 ordinances were not discussed at the board meeting but will be on the next meeting agenda.
Consider Proposal re: Hartman Road Deposit. Mrs. Sue Hartmann explained that the surety for the road was due on May 1, 2002. Due to the fact that they are waiting for the release from the mortgage company the closing was postponed to May 15, 2002. Consensus of the board was to extend the date to work with the Hartmann’s.
Audit and Pay Bills. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Lyle Updike to approve the bills as presented. Motion carried.
Old Business/New Business
- Update on EMS Vernon Pogue reported on current personnel issues.
- Various upcoming meetings were brought to the board’s attention.
Set Next Meeting Date/Adjournment. The next meeting date was set for Monday, May 20, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 12:25 a.m.
Joan M. Rademacher, Deputy Clerk