Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 P.M. by chairperson Lyle Updike. Supervisors Vernon Pogue and Doug Yelk, clerk Claudia Quick, deputy clerk Joan Rademacher and Highway Patrolman Dennis Farrell were present. One additional person attended the meeting.
Statement of Public Notice. The chair directed that the minutes show that notice of the Town Board meeting was published in the October 3, 2002 issue of The Star. The agenda was also faxed to the Capital Times. Copies were posted on the two town bulletin boards and temporarily at Buckshot’s Hwy. N on October 4, 2002.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the minutes of the September 23, 2002 meeting. Motion carried.
Presentation from the Public. Monte Couch asked if the Board would be working on the budget this evening. The consensus of the Board was that they would.
Report on Town Roads. Dennis Farrell reported that a complaint was received from Gladys Bultman regarding her driveway. She states that the drive is too steep for farm machinery to exit. Dennis has checked it out and does not feel it is a problem; however, she would like the Board to look it over. The consensus of the Board was to check on this during the spring road tour.
Consider Adoption of Ordinance authorizing Split Shift for Election Workers. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve the ordinance authorizing split shift for election workers. Motion carried.
Consider Adoption of Ordinance titled Enforcement of Code of Ordinances. The board reviewed the deposit schedule for the Enforcement of Code. The Firearm Ordinance was questioned. This ordinance will be reviewed specifically at the next meeting to consider repealing. Upon further review the Driveway Ordinance needs to be added to the schedule. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the Ordinance titled Enforcement of Code with the addition of the Driveway Ordinance and excluding Firearm Ordinance. Motion carried.
Consider and Take Action re: Adoption of Contract for Fire Protection with the Sun Prairie Volunteer Fire Department. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the contract as presented. Motion carried. A copy will be sent to the Fire Chief and Doug Yelk will be putting a copy on the Town web site.
Audit and Pay Bills. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to pay the bills as presented. Motion carried.
Old Business/New Business
- The Fire Dept. Open House, held on October 6, 2002 was a successful event.
- EMS Budget Meeting will be held of October 8, 2002.
- Firefighter Meeting is scheduled for October 9, 2002, with the budget meeting on October 10, 2002. This meeting is before the Town’s budget meeting.
- Wisconsin Towns sent a notice of agenda items for the upcoming Wis. Towns Convention.
- John Stawicki, an automobile locater, is establishing a business at 2170 State Hwy. 19, Total Auto and Recreation, Inc. He will be selling used cars, trucks and motorcycles.
- October 16, 2002 is a hearing at the City of Sun Prairie in regards to the stormwater utility.
- Marshall EMS is having an open house and pancake breakfast on October 13, 2002.
- Work session for 2003 Budget The Board held a work session for approximately one hour.
Set Next Meeting Date/Adjournment. The next meeting date was set for Monday, October 21, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 9:10 P.M.
Joan M. Rademacher, Deputy Clerk