The Town Board of the Town of Sun Prairie met on Monday, January 12, 2004 at 7:30 P.M. at the Town Hall, 5556 Twin Lane Road.
Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 P.M. by chairperson Lyle Updike. Supervisors Vernon Pogue and Doug Yelk, clerk Claudia Quick, deputy clerk Joan Rademacher and highway patrolman Dennis Farrell were present. Mark Bursaw also attended the meeting.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Statement of Public Notice. The chair directed that the minutes show that notice of the Town Board meeting was published in the January 8, 2004 issue of The Star. The agenda was also faxed to the Capital Times. Copies were posted on the three town bulletin boards on January 9, 2004.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the minutes of the December 8, 2003 meeting. Motion carried
Presentation from the Public. None
Report on Town Roads. Dennis Farrell reported that the new plow truck had a few adjustments that needed to be made to the wing involving the springs. He is very satisfied with the improvements that have been made to the truck. He also reported that 50 tons of salt have been used.
Consider Policy re: Permit to Bury Cable in R.O.W. – the Board reviewed the permit application. Chairman Updike stated a final completion date should be added to the permit. Consensus of the Board was to use this permit for anyone burying cable in the right-of-way.
Discuss potential deed restriction violations – K. Miller – It was reported that the 10-ton weight limit restriction is not being followed. At the next Town Board meeting the weight limit ordinance will be revised to add Norton Road and delete Town Hall Drive north of STH 19.
Complaint – Loyde Childs, Drovers Woods, stated the plow truck damaged the grass area over the curb near his home. The area damaged is in the right-of-way.
The snowplow was taking evasive action because a car would not yield to the truck. The area will be raked and re-seeded if necessary in the spring. The clerk will contact Mr. Childs of the board’s decision.
Consider and Take Action re: Request by M. Bursaw, for second access to residential lot. Mark Bursaw, corner of Bailey Road and Runaround Road, stated he would like to retain the second driveway for storage of his boat and a truck for his landscaping business. Consensus of the Board is to allow the second driveway for storage of his boat only and that the driveway not impedes the flow of water. Business equipment, except for one vehicle, and commercial activity is not allowed in a residential area. Dennis Farrell brought up that there is landscaping stone in the right-of-way. Bursaw will meet with Farrell to resolve this issue.
Consider request by J & K Rademacher to deed restrict development on 0811-134-8000-4, 8500-9, section 13. Joan Rademacher stated that she and her husband purchased a farm which has land in the Town of Sun Prairie and Town of Medina. They are creating two lots in the Town of Medina. The Town of Medina requires that the land in the Town of Sun Prairie be deed restricted. Moved by Lyle Updike, second by Vernon Pogue to authorize the clerk to send a letter stating that the Town of Sun Prairie does not object to the Town of Medina placing a deed restriction on 50 acres in the Town of Sun Prairie. Motion carried.
Audit and Pay Bills. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve the bills as presented with the additions listed. Motion carried.
Old Business/New Business
- Meeting with City Report – Lyle Updike reported on the meetings attended by him, Plan Commission chairman Roger Fetterly and clerk Claudia Quick with the City of Sun Prairie. He also reported on the meeting he had with Village of Cottage Grove president, Ken Dahl. A meeting between all the above parties and the City of Sun Prairie was cancelled. This meeting will be re-scheduled.
- EMS District Report – Vernon Pogue reported on mutual aid and collaboration with area EMS districts.
- Fire Unit Report – Lyle Updike reported on account receivables and repairs needed on Tanker 8.
- Tim Culver and/or Phil Frei have offered to attend a future meeting of the Town Board to make a presentation and answer any questions the residents may have on the upcoming referendum. Consensus of the Board was to hold this meeting in conjunction with the February 9, 2004 board meeting and that a newsletter be sent to the residents of the Town notifying them of this meeting.
- Brandon Foss, an engineer with Crispell-Snyder, Inc. will review the wastewater treatment plant expansion study. A joint meeting will be held with the Town of Bristol as they have agreed to share in the cost of the services of the engineer.
- The 2003 Statistical Report of Dane County Land Values is available.
- On October 5, 1983 the Town of Sun Prairie signed an agreement with William Ayres that he would remove the barn that is in the Town right-of-way in twenty years. As the time has expired the clerk will write a letter reminding Mr. Ayres of this agreement.
Set Next Meeting Date/Adjournment. The next meeting date was set for Monday, January 26, 2004 at 7:30 P.M. Moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 9:45 p.m.
Joan M. Rademacher, Deputy Clerk