- Call to order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Roger Fetterly. Members present were: Roger Fetterly, Alan Meyer, Judy Stang and Doug Yelk. Carl Williamson was excused. Two seats are vacant. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was posted on the three town bulletin boards on August 10, 2004 and an amendment posted on August 12, 2004 and mailed to members on the same dates.
- Approve Minutes of the Last Meeting. Hearing no objections, the minutes of the July 19, 2004 meeting were approve.
- Presentations from the Public. None.
- Public Hearing. To allow public comment on application #9062/1908 by Ben Averill to rezone approximately 0.98 acres from A-1 (Exclusive Agriculture) to R-1 residential and 15.48 acres from A-1 (Exclusive Agriculture) to RH-3 residential to allow use of an existing school and to reconfigure CSM lot lines at 5251 CTH TT in Section 23 and 26, Town of Sun Prairie.
- The chair opened the public hearing. Three residents were in attendance. Questions were raised concerning the availability of off-street parking, compliance with the building code in the process of remodeling the existing buildings and child safety issues related to CTH TT adjacent to the property. A building permit and building inspections will address Code compliance, including adequate parking. If highway safety becomes an issue, it would be address by the Dane County Sheriff’s Department. The public hearing was closed.
- Action on Averill application. Motion by Fetterly/Yelk to rezone approximately 0.98 acres from A-1 (Exclusive Agriculture) to R-1 residential and 15.48 from A-1 (Exclusive Agriculture) to A-2 Agriculture to allow remodeling and use of the existing school and to reconfigure CSM lot lines at 5251 CTH TT in Section 26, Town of Sun Prairie with the following conditions: 1) A deed restriction that no further development be allowed on the parcel zoned A-2 and the owners of the 15.48 acres be notified of the recommended rezoning. Motion carried: 3 Ayes, 1 nay, 1 absent.
- Public Hearing. To allow public comment on application #9040/1905 by the Town of Sun Prairie to rezone 1.0 acre of a 17.6 acre parcel from A-1 (Exclusive Agriculture) to A-2 Commercial to be combined with an existing 1.0 acre C-2 parcel for a Conditional Use permit for governmental purposes (Intent to store salt and equipment) at 5556 Twin Lane Road in Section 13, Town of Sun Prairie.
- The Chair opened the public hearing. No one appeared to give public testimony. Public hearing closed.
- Action on Town of Sun Prairie application. Motion by Yelk/Stang to approve proposal with an additional recommendation to seek Dane County advice on appropriate zoning for the remaining 16.6 acre parcel. Motion carried: 4 Ayes, 0 Nayes, 1 absent.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by “B” Farms, Inc. (Represented by John Blaska) to rezone 5.304 acres of a 40 acre parcel from A-1 (Exclusive Agriculture) to A-2 with a conditional use permit for unlimited livestock as part of a farm consolidation at 2030 Yelk Road, Section 11, Town of Sun Prairie. John Blaska responded to questions concerning transporting cattle feed and disposal of manure. There would be no significant change in the number of cattle kept on the parcel and that a nutrient management plan would remain in effect. Motion by Fetterly/Yelk to give preliminary approval to the “B” Farms proposal. Motion carried.
- Consider and take action on an inquiry from Kim Erb seeking clarification on part of a parcel currently spot-zoned B-1 at 2311 CTH T in Section 22, Town of Sun Prairie which has the following recorded deed restriction: “No new buildings are to be constructed in the B-1 zoned area.” Kim Erb wants to expand her business on this site and wanted to know if “No new buildings” excluded additions or if the deed restriction could be amended to allow expansion the business. The consensus of the Plan Commission was a willingness to consider an amendment to the current deed restriction to allow an expansion of the business within the area currently zoned B-1.
- Suggested appointments to the Cottage Grove/Sun Prairie Ad Hoc Committee.
Town Board Rep: Yelk/Updike
Plan Commission: Carl Williamson has agreed to serve
Citizen member: John Blaska (Has not been contacted)
- Suggested appointments to the Land Trust Commission.
Town Board Rep: Updike/Yelk
Plan Commission: Fetterly (unless a new Plan Commission member volunteers)
Citizen member: Karen Kaltenberg (Has not been contacted)
- Set Next Meeting Date. The next regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission will be held on September 20, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
- Adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 10:10 p.m.
Roger Fetterly, Chairman
It is possible that members of and a possible quorum of members of other governmental bodies of the municipality may be in attendance at the above stated meeting to gather information; no action will be taken by any other governmental body at the above stated meeting other than the governmental body specifically referred to above in this notice.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodations to attend the meeting should contact the clerk’s office at 837-6688.