- The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Roger Fetterly. Members present were: Kennan Crothers, Jennifer Deuster-Loesch, Roger Fetterly, Alan Meyer, Judy Stang, Doug Yelk and Carl Williamson. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Notice of the meeting was posted on the three town bulletin boards on September 14, 2004 and mailed to members on the same date
- Hearing no objections the minutes of the August 16, 2004 meeting were approved as presented.
- Presentation from the public: None.
- Public hearing on application #9080: The chair opened the public hearing to allow comment on application #9080 by Harold Starks (Representing Ronald Thurston and Robin Olson) to rezone 2.07 acres of a 63 acre parcel from A-1 (Exclusive) agriculture to RH-1 west of 3090 Bailey Road in Section 19, TSP. No one appeared to speak on the proposal. The public hearing was closed.
- Action on application #9080: Motion by Williamson/Yelk to forward a recommendation to the Town Board to approve the application with a provision that the driveway turn-a-round comply with the Town driveway ordinance and that a 5-acre conservation easement along the Koshkonong Creek be identified and submitted to the Town Board as part of the application. Motion carried 6-1.
- Public Hearing on application #9084: The chair opened the public hearing to allow comment on application #9084 by Koua and Dia Vang to rezone and divide a 2.01 acre lot from RH-l Rural Home into two R-1 Residential lots for new homes east of 2919 Vang Road in Section 31, Town of Sun Prairie.
Neighbor Joe Bonfield asked for clarification if the cul de sac on the west end of Vang Road would remain. Vang responded that a new easement would be provided to extend Vang Road to the south along the western edge of the the new lots. The public hearing was closed.
- Action on application #9084: Motion by Stang/Williamson to forward a recommendation to the Town Board to approve the Vang application. Motion carried 7-0.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Vince and Betty Maly to divide by certified survey map (CSM) 2.75 acres of a 24.8 acre parcel which is currently zoned R-3A Residential into three lots of 40,000 sq. ft. each northwest of the intersection of Bailey Road and Parkview Road in Section 17, TSP.
Motion by Yelk/Williamson to approve the Maly preliminary plan with a provision that lots 2 and 3 be deed restricted to single family residential lots. Motion carried 6-1.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Ultimate Construction Inc. (Represented by Scott Foley) to rezone 2.95 acres from A-1 (Exclusive) Agriculture to LC-1 Limited Commercial as a storage facility for equipment, material and supplies for an existing construction business at 5230 Pierceville Road in Section 26, TSP.
Motion by Stang/Yelk to approve the Ultimate Construction preliminary plan with the provision that hours of operation be limited to 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and that outside storage be prohibited after December 31, 2004. Motion carried 7-0.
- The next regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission will be held on October 18, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:35 p.m.
Roger Fetterly, Chairman
It is possible that members of and a possible quorum of members of other governmental bodies of the municipality may be in attendance at the above stated meeting to gather information; no action will be taken by any other governmental body at the above stated meeting other than the governmental body specifically referred to above in this notice.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodations to attend the meeting should contact the clerk’s office at 837-6688.