- The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Roger Fetterly. Members present were: Kennan Crothers, Jennifer Deuster-Loesch, Roger Fetterly, Alan Meyer, Judy Stang, Doug Yelk and Carl Williamson. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Notice of the meeting was posted on the three town bulletin boards on November 9, 2004 and mailed to members on the same date.
- Hearing no objections the minutes of the October 18, 2004 meeting were approved as presented.
- Presentation from the public: None.
- Kohn preliminary plan. Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Mike Kohn to rezone approximately 22 acres from A-2 Agriculture to A-B Agriculture Business to grow and sell organic herbs and vegetables and development of a nursery for on-site sales on Pierceville road in section 35, TSP.
Action on Kohn plan. Motion by Fetterly/Yelk to recommend preliminary approval to rezone no more than 7 acres from A-2 Agriculture to A-B Agriculture Business adjacent to Pierceville Road in section 35, TSP for production and sales of organic farming and nursery products and limit permitted uses to only those authorized under Dane County Ordinance, sections 10.121(2) (b), (d), (e) and (f) as follows: (b) sales distribution, mixing, blending and storage of feeds, seeds and fertilizer; (d) processing and preserving of natural agricultural products, fruits and vegetables; (e) sales, service and repair of lawn and garden equipment; and (f) sales and distribution of nursery stock and plants with a deed restriction prohibiting further residential development. Motion carried 6-1.
- Renz preliminary plan. Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Kelly Renz to rezone 1 acre from R-1 Residential and 4 acres from A-1 Exclusive Agriculture to a 5 acre RH-2 Rural Home parcel to allow keeping up to 5 animal units at 5750 CTH VV, section 14, TSP.
Action on Renz plan. The LESA analysis of the proposal shows that approximately 3 of the 4 acres proposed for rezoning from A-1 (Ex) to RH-2 is prime farmland and has an LE score in excess of that allowed for rezoning out of A-1 Exclusive agriculture. Motion by Yelk/Stang to table the proposal. Motion carried.
- Dollard preliminary plan. Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by John Dollard to rezone a 60 acre farm from A-1 Exclusive Agriculture to two A-2 Agriculture parcels of 28 acres and 32 acres to accommodate the settlement of an estate at 4898 Ridge Road in section 36, TSP.
Action on Dollard plan. Motion by Stang/Yelk to approve the preliminary plan with a deed restriction on the 32 acres allowing no residential development. Motion carried 4-2.
- Election of Plan Commission Secretary. Williamson/Stang nominated Jennifer Deuster-Loesch for a 2-year term as secretary. There were no further nominations. Motion by Fetterly/Yelk to cast a unanimous vote for Jennifer Deuster-Loesch as secretary. Motion carried.
- The next regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission will be held on December 20, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.
Roger Fetterly, Chairman
It is possible that members of and a possible quorum of members of other governmental bodies of the municipality may be in attendance at the above stated meeting to gather information; no action will be taken by any other governmental body at the above stated meeting other than the governmental body specifically referred to above in this notice.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodations to attend the meeting should contact the clerk’s office at 837-6688