- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Roger Fetterly. Members present other than Chairman Fetterly were: Doug Yelk, Judy Stang, Alan Meyer, Dot Havens, John Quimby and Kennan Crothers. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was posted on the flute Town bulletin boards on October 19th and was mailed out to Township citizens the same day.
- Introductions. All of the Town Plan Commission Members gave introductions to the attending group.
- Overview of the Comprehensive Plan. Chairman Fetterly had prepared a handout that was given and used as a guide for the narration that followed. (Outline attached)
- Group discussions on Above Items. The large group then broke up into groups of individuals of about 6 citizens and one or two Plan Commission Members to have discussion on steering the Plan Commission and the Comprehensive Plan.
- Conclusions. Some of the conclusions from the small group discussions were as follows:
- Desire to protect infrastructure with grain plant implement dealers
- Adopt a livestock citing law
- Repeal Conservation Easement ordinance
- Density issues allow smaller lots, perhaps 20,000 square feet
- A common thought among most groups was the desire to somehow maintain flexibility with consistency when making decisions.
- A desire to stop I slow down the annexation of adjacent municipalities.
- Comments on traffic problems and urbanization.
- Cluster homes and evaluate amount of commercial development.
- Create new development that works together with view of the big picture and increasing the tax base.
- Consistent positive feedback on flavor of meeting.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record, this 13th day of November, 2007
Kennan L Crothers, Secretary