- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 Rm. by Chairman Roger Fetterly. Members present other than Chairman Fetterly were: Doug Yelk, Judy Stang, Alan Meyer, John Quimby and Kennan Crothers. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk. Dot Havens was absent and excused
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was posted on the three Town bulletin boards on November 13th and was mailed out to applicants the same day.
- Approval of the Minutes. Hearing no objections, Chairman Fetterly approved the minutes of the last meetings.
- Public Comment. There was no comment from the public.
- Consider and Take Action on a Preliminary Plan by Duane Riley. Applicant proposing to split off a lot from an existing 1.733 acre lot currently zoned R-1 A Residential to provide a lot for the owner to build a new home at 2877 Bailey Road. With no map to clarify the request, Member Crothers made a motion to table the item and Member Yelk seconded the motion. Item tabled.
- Consider and Take Action on a Preliminary Plan by Wendy Wright and Opal Vilhauer. Applicants proposing to rezone a 4.216 acre lot currently zoned RH-2 Rural Homes and a 14.7 acre lot currently zoned RH-3 Rural Homes to R-1 Residential to create a 12 lot subdivision. Mrs. Wright began with a statement that the subdivision that she was proposing was already approved in 1980. Chairman Fetterly responded that it would be impossible for the subdivision to have already been approved, became if it had it would be recorded and there would be no need for the request, as the subdivision would already exist. Mrs. Quick confirmed that the subdivision had never been recorded. Chairman Fetterly also pointed out that the Township discouraged subdivisions, had 8 of its 10 divisions accounted for this year and indicated that the City of Madison would most likely have problems with the request. Member Yelk made a motion to table and Member Stang seconded. Item tabled.
- Review Draft Ordinance Amendment of Proposed Design Standards. Member Yelk made a motion to table and Member Quimby seconded. Item tabled.
- Consider and Take Action on Information and Issues Generated at the Planning Session with Town Residents. Member Stang indicated that she would like to see the Township amend the plan to determine consistent policies on certain aspects of land division. Member Yelk stated that he would like to have a strong business base, but was unsure of the cost of sacrifices needed to get there. Member Crothers made a motion to respectfully acknowledge all commentssuggestions made at the meeting and made a request that all Plan Commission Members bring in ideas feelings regarding the Comprehensive Plan to the next meeting. Member Stang seconded the motion. Motion carries.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was scheduled for December 17 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record, this 11th day of December, 2007
Kennan L Crothers