- Call to Order: The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Roger Fetterly. Members present other than Chairman Fetterly were: Doug Yelk, Dot Havens, Judy Stang, Alan Meyer, John Quimby and Kennan Crothers. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice: Notice of the meeting was posted on the three Town bulletin boards on December 11th and was mailed out to applicants the same day.
- Approval of the Minutes: Chairman Fetterly corrected the last month’s roll call to add that member Meyer was absent and with that, approved the minutes.
- Public Comment: There was no comment from the public.
- Public Hearing on Petition #9819 by Wayne & Beverly Wolf: Applicant proposing to rezone the remaining 4.69 acres of a 6.28 acre parcel from RH-2 to Rural Homes to A-1 (Ex) Agricultural and rezone the remaining 1.59 acres from RH-2 to R-1A to return to residential land to farmland and bring in compliance the remaining residential parcel at 2864 CTH T, Section 29, Town of Sun Prairie. No comment from the public.
- Consider and Take Action on the Wolf petition: Member Crothers made motion to approve and Member Quimby seconded motion. Motion carried.
- Public Hearing on Conditional Use Permit request #2062 by Christine Sannes: Applicant proposing to allow horse boarding, training and indoor riding for up to 8 horses on a 4.88 acre lot currently zoned A-2 at 2069 CTH T in the Section 23, Town of Sun Prairie. No comment from the public.
- Consider and Take Action on Sannes Permit: Member Yelk made motion to approve with restricted uses of lighting limited to hours of operation. Member Meyer seconded motion. Motion carried.
- Consider and Take Action on a Preliminary Plan by Duane Riley: Applicant proposing to split off a lot from an existing 1.733 acre lot currently zone R-1A Residential to provide a lot for the owner to build a new home at 2877 Bailey Road. Member Stang made a motion to approve and Member Crothers seconded motion. Motion carried.
- Consider and Take Action on a Preliminary Plan by Shawn and Brenda Eckhard Applicant proposing to rezone 1.022 acres from R-1A Residential to A-2(1) Agricultural and approval of a Conditional Use Permit to operate a portrait studio at 6036 Town Hall Drive. Member Crothers made a motion to approve as proposed with a recommendation to limit use to a digital portrait studio and hours of operation to be 8am — 8pm with unlit signage. Member Stang seconded motion. Motion carried.
- Review Draft Ordinance Amendment of Proposed Design Standards: Under “Fees” Section 15-1-73, remove all dollar amounts and specific charges addressed on fee schedule. Under “Violations” section, remove all dollar amounts and add “See Attached Deposit Schedule.” Under “Submittal Requests” (b) 15 copies. Chairman Fetterly made motion to approve and Member Quimby seconded motion. Motion Carried.
- Review Draft Ordinance on Parks and Open Space: Chairman Fetterly stated that he was currently working on this.
- Review Conservation Easement Issues: Member Yelk indicated that he felt we shouldn’t appeal what is a miswritten ordinance.
- Consider and Take Action on Information and Issues Generated at the Planning Session with Town Residents: It was concluded that there was a general agreement to the plan with some wanting more flexibility and others more consistency. Chairman Fetterly suggested that maximum effort be put forth to bring any changes to next meeting.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date: The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was scheduled for January 2nd, 2008 at 7:00pm.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 10:15pm.
Respectively submitted for the record, This 15th day of January, 2008
Kennan L. Crothers Secretary