- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Doug Yelk, Dot Havens, Judy Stang, John Quimby and Kennan Crothers. Excused absent was Alan Meyers. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on. April 14th, 2009.
- Approval of the Minutes. Corrections to the recorded minutes from the March 16th meeting included the need to note that Al Meyers was present in #1, change HWY ‘TT INC to HWY TT LLC in #6, change Tom Vikken to Torn Viken throughout and note that Mr. Viken wanted it noted that he had concerns of Mr. Poblocki’s proposal having issues with spillage and contamination from materials used and kept onsite at Poblocki Paving’s newly proposed site. With these corrections noted, the minutes were approved.
- Public Comment. Member Crothers excused himself from the seat at the PC table and joined the gallery. Mr. Crothers wanted to express, at the request of the Leadership Team at Prairie Springs Church, the desire of the Church to erect a sign on the berm near the Church. The PC stated that it wouldn’t come before them at all and that it was an issue with the county only.
- Consider and Take Action on a Preliminary Plan by Joe, Troy. and Wesley Statz. Applicant proposing to rezone a 5 acre parcel from A-1 (Ex) Agriculture to RH-2 Rural Homes to separate an existing home from the farmland to allow the sale of the home to a prospective buyer @ 2045 Yelk Rd, Member Yelk voiced his opinion that the larger remnant parcel may need to be rezoned to an A-4 designation. Joe, Troy and Wesley Statz were represented by Rich Statz, and Mr. Statz stated that the county had indicated that the county stated that A-1 was appropriate due to the adjacent property ownership of 40+ acres. Member Yelk made a motion to approve and Member Crothers seconded. Motion carried.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date for the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for May 18th, 2009.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Respectfully submitted for the record this 22nd day of April, 2009.
Kennan Crothers Secretary