- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Dot Havens, Judy Stang, John Quimby and Kerman Crothers. Excused- late (8:15 arrival) was Doug Yelk. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on March 13th, 2009.
- Approval of the Minutes. Minutes of the February 16th, 2009 meeting were approved as issued.
- Public Comment. There was no comment from the public.
- Public Hearing to Allow Comment on Petition #10023 by HWY TT LLC Represented by John Poblocki. Applicant proposing to rezone 6.0 acres from C1 Commercial to C-2 Commercial to allow storage, maintenance or repair of paving contractor’s equipment and machinery at 4736 CTH TT. Mr. Tom Vikken, of 5116 Pierceville Rd, spoke in opposition to the proposal. Mr. Vikken indicated that the proposed usage would not be the highest and best use for the parcel. Mr. Vikken also stated that the developing properties around the parcel in question would be negatively affected in property value by the proposed usage.
- Consider and Take Action on the HWY TT INC Petition. Member Meyers asked Mr. Poblocki what would be stored on site as far as equipment and material. Mr. Poblocki indicated that there would he about 6-7-pieces of equipment (trucks/trailers) and the storing of stone, sand and approximately 6000 gallons of sealer — with no liquid asphalt. Member Stang made a motion to approve, conditioned on restricting usages to C-2 / 1 (f and w) with limitation to LC-1 e and a commitment to provide a landscaping and site arrangement plan. Member Quimby seconded. Motion carried.
- Hear Presentation by Jon Schellpfeffer, Chief Engineer and Director, Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District. Mr. Schellpfeffer spoke on issues relating to the Town of Sun Prairie.
- Review of Ordinance Amendment #21, 2008-2009 to Chapter 10 of the Dane County Code of Ordinances, Creating Ch. 10.129 A-4 Small Lot Agricultural District, A packet was provided to all members on the topic, for review.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date for the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for April 20th, 2009.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 10:00 pm.
Respectfully submitted for the record this 14th day of April, 2009.
Kennan L Crothers Secretary