- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:05 p.m. The following were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Doug Yelk, Dot Havens, John Quimby and Judy Stang. Absent: Alan Meyer and Kennan Crothers. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on June 9, 2009.
- Approval of the Minutes. Minutes of the April 20th meeting were mailed to Plan Commission members prior to the meeting. Hearing no objections the minutes were approved as written.
- Public Comment. There were no members of the public wishing to speak.
- Public Hearing on Petition #10052 by Troy Statz: Applicant proposes to rezone a 5 acre parcel from A-1 (Ex) Agricultural to RH-2 Rural Homes to separate an existing home from the farmland to allow the sale of the home to a prospective buyer at 2045 Yelk Road, Section 14, Town of Sun Prairie.
- The public hearing was opened. There was no public testimony in favor of, or in opposition to, the petition. The public hearing was closed.
- Consider and Take Action on the Statz petition. Motion by Quimby/Yelk to approve the Statz petition with the additional requirement that the driveway be brought up to code to address soil erosion issues related to silt and gravel washing onto Yelk Road. Motion carried, 4 ayes, 0 nays, 2 absent.
- The Plan Commission was updated on the Working Lands Initiative proposal in the 2009-11 State Budget.
- Notice was given for the Dane County Towns Association workshop scheduled for 7:30 p.m. on June 30, 2009 at the Cross Plains Town Hall.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for July 20, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record
Roger Fetterly, Chair