- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:05 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Doug Yelk, Dot Havens and John Quimby. Absent, excused: Kennan Crothers, Alan Meyer and Judy Stang. Also present was Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on March 9, 2010.
- Approval of the Minutes. Minutes of the February 15, 2010 meeting were mailed to Plan Commission members prior to the meeting. Hearing no objections the minutes were approved as presented.
- Public Comment. There were no members of the public wishing to speak.
- Public Hearing on Petition #10158 by Joan and Keith Rademacher: Applicants propose to rezone 3.533 acres of a 54.4 acre farm from A-1 (Ex) Agricultural to RH-1 Rural Homes to separate the farm homestead from the remainder of the farm to make it available for sale at 1696 CTH T in Section 13, Town of Sun Prairie.
There was no one from the public wishing to speak on the proposal.
- Consider and take action on Rademacher petition. Motion by Yelk/Havens to recommend approval of the petition as proposed. It was determined that the petition complies with the Town’s Comprehensive Plan. Motion carried (4-0-3).
- Consider and take action on Loomis preliminary plan. Janet Loomis submitted a preliminary plan to rezone 1.462 acres of a 99.092 acre farm from A-1 (Ex) Agricultural to R-3A Residential to provide a home site for the family farm owners at 2311 CTH T in Section 22, Town of Sun Prairie. Motion by Quimby/Havens to approve the preliminary plan with an additional requirement to clarify driveway details and also to identify a location for an approximate 3-acre conservation easement. Motion carried.
- Consider and take action on Washecheck preliminary plan. Don and Judith Washecheck submitted a proposal to terminate the deed restriction on an existing farmhouse, currently zoned A-2(4) and prohibited from residential development, to allow the home to be used as a residence at 5136 Pierceville Road in Section 26, Town of Sun Prairie. Motion by Havens/Yelk to approve the preliminary plan. Motion Carried.
- Lands Annexed to the Village of Cottage Grove. The Plan Commission was informed that the Village of Cottage Grove adopted a Village Ordinance annexing lands from the Town of Sun Prairie in Sections 32 and 33 to the Village of Cottage Grove. The Plan Commission will continue to seek addition information and courses of action available to the Town. The Town plans to oppose any proposals by the Village to expand the extension of the Urban Services Area into the newly annexed area.
- Amendment to Comprehensive Plan. Plan Commission continued discussion on updating comprehensive plan.
- Boundary Agreement Discussion. Plan Commission continued discussing issues and boundary changes to be considered in negotiating a governmental agreement with the City of Sun Prairie.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for April 19, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 10:20 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record
Roger Fetterly, Chair