- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:05 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Dot Havens, Kevin Kleckner, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Excused: Al Meyer and Judy Stang. Also present: Claudia Quick, Town Clerk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on December 14, 2010.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting: Hearing no objections the minutes of July 19, 2010 were approved as presented.
- Recess for comments by visitors: None
- Public Hearing on Petition #10268 by Peter Austin: Applicant proposes to rezone 9.944 acres from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to a 1.001 acre R-1A Residential parcel for an existing home and an 8.943 acres A-2(8) Agricultural parcel to sell as a site for a new home at 3083 Bailey Road in Section 19, Town of Sun Prairie.
There was no one from the public wishing to speak.
- Consider and take action on Austin petition. Motion by Yelk/Quimby recommending approval of petition #10268 by Peter Austin. Motion carried 5-0-2.
- Consider and take action on the Riesop preliminary proposal. David Riesop requests approval of a preliminary plan to rezone 20.92 acres from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to a 4.32 acre RH-2 Residential parcel for the existing homeowner and the remaining16.6 acres to A-4 Agricultural to be sold and for zoning compliance at 4848 Ridge Road in Section 36, Town of Sun Prairie Motion by Yelk/Havens to approve. Motion carried.
- Consider and take action on the Grenier preliminary proposal. Douglas and Shannon Grenier requests approval to rezone 14.998 acres from RH-3 Rural Home to LC-1 Limited Commercial and approval of a Conditional Use Permit for home and business uses to comply with Dane County Code of Ordinances at 5584 CTH N in Section 16, Town of Sun Prairie. Motion by Yelk/Havens to recommend approval to spot rezone a parcel, size to be determined, to LC-1 Limited Commercial and approval of a Conditional Use Permit for Limited Rural Businesses at 5584 CTH N in Section 16, Town of Sun Prairie. Motion carried.
- Reviewed information sheets on Farmland Preservation Tax Credits, Rezoning Conversion Fees, Agricultural Enterprise Areas and Purchase of Agricultural Conservation Easements. The Town Clerk agreed to make these information sheets available at the Town Hall to any interested landowners.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for January 17, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record
Roger Fetterly, Chair