- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:05 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Kevin Kleckner, John Quimby, and Doug Yelk. Absent: Dot Havens, Al Meyer and Judy Stang.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on April 12, 2011.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting: Motion by Yelk/Kleckner to approve minutes of the March 21 Plan Commission meeting. Motion carried.
- Recess for comments by visitors: Dan Ziegler inquired about rezoning his property on CTH T from A-1(Ex) to A-4.
- Consider and take action on Jacobson preliminary plan. Petitioners William and Lin Jacobson propose to rezone lot 2, consisting of 8.6 acres, from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to R-3A Residential to convert the existing house to a 2-flat duplex and continue to allow a horse stable at 4200 CTH TT in Section 31, Town of Sun Prairie. The Plan Commission determined that R-3A zoning does not allow animals. The petitioners were advised to consult with the county for the proper zoning. Motion by Yelk/Quimby to table pending further information. Motion carried
- Consider and take action on Jacobson preliminary plan. Petitioners William and Lin Jacobson propose to rezone lot 1, consisting of 20.5 acres, from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to a 3 acre lot zoned R-3A Residential and the remaining 17 acres lot zoned A-4 Agricultural to separate the existing home from the rest of the farm and convert the home to a 2-flat duplex at 4150 CTH TT in Section 31, Town of Sun Prairie. Motion by Kleckner/Quimby recommending preliminary approval. Motion carried.
- Yelk and Quimby reported on the action taken by the Capitol Area Regional Planning Commission regarding the Village of Cottage Grove’s request to expand their urban service area southwest of the intersection of TT and N. The request was approved on a split vote with CARPC members expressing concern about increasing development into rural agricultural areas.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for May 16, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record
Roger Fetterly, Chair