- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:05 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Dot Havens, Kevin Kleckner, Judy Stang, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Absent: Al Meyer.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on June 14, 2011.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting: Hearing no objections, minutes of the May 16, 2011 Plan Commission meeting were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No one appeared.
- Public Hearing on Petition # 10320 by Joseph Seltzner. Applicant not present, public hearing and action rescheduled for July 18th.
- Consider and take action on Miller preliminary plan. Petitioners Doug and Monica Miller request preliminary approval to rezone approximately 5 acres of a 14.9 acre parcel from A-2(8) Agricultural to RH-1 Rural Homes to split off a parcel for a new home and an existing business at 2829 CTH T in Section 29, Town of Sun Prairie. Motion by Yelk/Quimby recommending approval. Discussion focused on the need to address issues related to a joint driveway and associated easements. Motion carried.
- The Plan Commission continued the following discussion on amendments and other changes to the comprehensive Plan:
- Change the property at 4100 CTH TT from recreational to commercial on the future land use map.
- Prohibit approval of a duplex on an existing farm when rezoning for a farm residence.
- Require adequate parking space where rezoning for duplexes is appropriate. For R-4 residential districts, require 1 parking space per bedroom in each multifamily or duplex unit.
- Update existing zoning map to show changes since last amendments to the plan.
- Add design and architectural review as an item under development in the Land Use Chapter.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for July 18, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record
Roger Fetterly, Chair