- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:10 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Dot Havens, Judy Stang, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Absent: Al Meyer
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on August 9, 2011.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting: Hearing no objections, minutes of the July 18, 2011 Plan Commission meeting was approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No one appeared.
- A public hearing was held on July 18 on Petition # 10338 by Doug and Monica Miller. No one appeared at the hearing to give testimony. Plan Commission action on the petition was deferred to the August 15 meeting.
- Consider and take action on Petition # 10338. Applicants propose to rezone 5 acres of a 14.53 acre parcel from A-2(8) Agricultural to RH-1 Rural Homes to split off a residential parcel for an existing home and use the remainder of the A-2(8) parcel for a new home and an existing business at 2829 CTH T in Section 29, Town of Sun Prairie. Motion by Yelk/Quimby to recommend approval with the additional requirement to provide the Town Board with a proposed driveway easement for access to the A-2(8) parcel and a diagram of the footprint of the new home on the CSM. Motion carried. 5-0-1.
- Possible boundary agreement issues and mapping with the Village of Cottage Grove were discussed.
- Previously discussed changes to the Town’s Comprehensive Plan were reviewed to start the process of holding a public hearing and amending the plan.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for September 19, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record
Roger Fetterly, Chair