- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Dot Havens, Al Meyer, Judy Stang, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Excused: Jane Fiala.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on December 13, 2011.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting: Hearing no objections, minutes of the November 14, 2011 Plan Commission meeting were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No one appeared.
- Consider and take action on Egan preliminary plan. Petitioners Paul and Erin Egan request preliminary approval to rezone an existing 2.05 acre RH-1 Rural Homes parcel and rezone and purchase an adjacent 5.19 acre A-1(Ex) Agricultural parcel to form a 7.24 acre A-2 Agricultural parcel to operate a small scale agricultural enterprise with conditional use permits for unlimited livestock and sale of agricultural and incidental products at 5453 Pierceville Road in Section 23, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Quimby/Havens recommending approval. Motion carried 5-0. One abstention (Yelk).
- Consider and take action on Town Board request to review proposed Dane Co. Ord. A-B (Agriculture Business).
- There was a general concern that extending Farmland Preservation Zoning and certification to agricultural-related uses, such as equipment dealerships, would be inconsistent with conservation and protection of agricultural lands. The Plan Commission views the purpose of certification and the tax benefits of Farmland Preservation as an incentive for farmland property owners and operators to keep farmland in direct agricultural production.
- The Plan Commission has a general objection to the conditional uses listed as: governmental, institutional, religious, or nonprofit community uses in the A-B Zoning District.
- There was a concern that there was no acreage limits or way to control the size of the agricultural-related uses in the A-B District. The objection is that large prime farmland areas could be taken out of direct agricultural production for agriculture-related uses.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for January 16, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record
Roger Fetterly, Chair