- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Jane Fiala, Dot Havens, Alan Meyer, Paul Stang, Doug Yelk and John Quimby.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on February 12, 2013. A revised notice was e-mailed to members and posted on April 11, 2013.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting. Hearing no objections, minutes of the February 18, 2013 Plan Commission meeting were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No public comments were presented.
- Consider and take action on Wolf preliminary plan. Petitioners Jeff and Jan Wolf request preliminary approval to rezone 3.88 acres from RH-1 Rural Homes to A-2(2) Agriculture and request a conditional use permit to allow a dog training and pet supply business at 2896 CTH T in Section 29, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Havens/Fiala to recommend preliminary approval of the rezoning request and a conditional use permit limited to the following conditions:
a. Training of dogs at a dog kennel, excluding boarding of dogs
b. Hours of operation, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
c. No more than 10 dogs at any one time
d. No lighted outdoor signage
Motion carried 7-0.
- Reviewed Town’s position on boundary agreement issues with the Village of Cottage Grove. No action taken.
- Discussed non-conforming quarry sites and non-metallic extraction areas in the Town. Will seek further information regarding such operations for next meeting.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for May 20, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record.
Roger Fetterly, Chair