- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Jane Fiala, Dot Havens, Alan Meyer, Paul Stang and John Quimby. Excused: Doug Yelk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on May 15, 2013.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting. Hearing no objections, minutes of the April 15, 2013 Plan Commission meeting were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No public comments were presented.
- Public Hearing on Petition #2013-10553 and #2013-02238 by Jeffery and Jan Wolf. Petitioners request to rezone 3.88 acres from RH-1 Rural Homes to A-2(2) Agriculture and request a conditional use permit to allow a dog training and pet supply business at 2896 CTH T in Section 29, Town of Sun Prairie.
Four neighbors were present for the hearing. One neighbor spoke in favor of the petition. One neighbor asked for detailed information on the dog training activities, which were answered satisfactorily by the petitioner. There was no testimony in opposition to the petitions.
- Consider and take action on Wolf petition. Motion by Havens/Fiala recommending approval of the petition with the following limits on the Conditional Use Permit:
- Training of dogs, but no boarding of dogs
- Hours of operation, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- No more than 10 dogs at any one time
- No lighted outdoor signage
- Conditional Use Permit expires when property is transferred to another owner
Motion carried 6-0-1
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Alan Rademacher and Jay Freitag. Petitioners Alan Rademacher and Jay Freitag request to rezone 2.0 acres from A-1(Ex) Agriculture to A-4 Agriculture, 10.51 acres from A-2(8) Agriculture to A-4 Agriculture and 3.13 acres from A-2(8) Agriculture to A-2(2) Agriculture to separate existing buildings from agricultural land at 3205 Bailey Road in Section 19, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Quimby/Stang recommending approval. Motion carried.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by David Grob and Kathleen Harry. Petitioners request to rezone 2.61 acres from R-1 Residential and A-2(1) Agriculture to adjust adjoining lot lines to create a 1.02 acre parcel and a 1.59 acre parcel, each zoned R-1A Residential, to accommodate the current owners at 4909 and 4925 Pierceville Road in Section 35, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Havens/Quimby recommending approval. Motion carried.
- Met jointly with the Town Board to consider boundary issues for discussion with the Village of Cottage Grove.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for June 17, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 9:25 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record.
Roger Fetterly, Chair