- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Dot Havens, Alan Meyer, Paul Stang, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Excused: Jane Fiala.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on September 9, 2013.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting. Hearing no objections, minutes of the August 19, 2013 Plan Commission meeting were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No public comments were presented.
- Public Hearing on petition by David Kohlwey. Petitioner requests approval to rezone 1.66 acres from R-1A Residential to R-3A Residential to bring the 2-family, 2-story residence into zoning compliance with existing structural and residential use requirements at 5146 CTH TT, Section 26, Town of Sun Prairie.
No one appeared to make public comments on the proposed rezoning.
- Consider and take action on Kohlwey petition. Motion by Quimby/Havens to recommend approval of the request with the additional requirement that the petitioner provide a minimum of 6 parking spaces to adequately serve the occupants of the duplex residence. Motion carried 6-0-1.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Mark and Chrissy Bursaw. Petitioners request approval of a preliminary plan to rezone 3.119 acres from RH-1 Rural Homes to LC-1 Limited Commercial and approval of a Conditional Use Permit to operate a small landscaping business at 5386 Town Hall Drive in Section 22, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Quimby/Havens to recommend approval of the preliminary plan limited to the following permitted uses listed under 10.141(1) of the Dane County Code of Ordinances:
(a) Landscaping business.
(b) Storage of no more than 12 items of construction equipment on the lot.
(e) Authorizes outside storage of material or supplies used in the business.
(g) Authorizes a single family residence for the owner of the business or caretaker.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for October 21, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record.
Roger Fetterly, Chair