- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Jane Fiala, Al Meyer, Paul Stang, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Excused: Dot Havens.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on March 11, 2014.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting. Hearing no objections, minutes of the March 17, 2014 Plan Commission meeting were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No public comments were presented.
- Public Hearing on petition by David Bauer. Allow public comment on Petition DCPREZ-2014-10659 by David Bauer to spot rezone 0.083 acres of a 0.92 acre parcel from R-1 Residential to C-2 Commercial to allow parking or storage of the owner’s recreational motorhome weighing in excess of 12,000 lbs. at 4688 Pierceville Road in Section 34, Town of Sun Prairie.
John Blaska, owner of the Oaks Golf Course, adjacent to the property in question, raised concerns about allowing commercial zoning in a residential subdivision which could result in incompatible commercial uses in conflict with existing residential owners.
- Consider and take action on Bauer petition. The Plan Commission addressed the issue of commercial uses conflicting with residential uses by limiting the commercial use to parking and storage of the owner’s recreational motorhome and prohibition of all other commercial uses.
Motion by Fetterly/Quimby to approve the petition with the additional limitation that the commercial uses of the C-2 area be restricted to parking, inside storage and minor maintenance of the owner’s recreational motorhome, which exceeds a gross weight of 12,000 lbs., and prohibit all other commercial uses. Motion Carried. 6-0-1.
- Public Hearing on request by Dennis Midthun. Allow public comment on a request by Dennis Midthun to approve a new subdivision sign easement to replace an existing sign easement which is to be vacated at the southeast corner of the intersection of Twin Lane Road and Oaken Vale Road in Savannah Valley subdivision, to bring the sign location into compliance with the Dane County Sign Ordinance, in Section 12, Town of Sun Prairie.
Savannah Valley residents, Paul Dobbel and Gary Behrens spoke in support of the sign request.
- Consider and take action on Midthun request. Motion by Yelk/Fiala to approve as requested. Motion carried, 6-0-1.
- Curt Kodl from Dane County Planning and Development presented a proposal on the County’s Farmland Preservation Plan to blanket rezone parcels which are inappropriately zoned to satisfy State Law requirements related to Farmland Preservation areas. The Plan Commission suggested changes to zoning and to add or delete parcels to conform to the Town’s Comprehensive Plan. Mr. Kodl will revise the list and map to reflect suggested changes and provide the Town with updated documents. A public hearing will be held on April 21, 2014 to present the proposed changes to the affected property owners.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for April 21, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record.
Roger Fetterly, Chair