- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:05 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Jane Fiala, Al Meyer and Paul Stang. Absent, excused: Dot Havens, John Quimby and Doug Yelk.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on May 13, 2014.
- Approval of the minutes of previous meeting. Hearing no objections, April 21, 2014 Plan Commission meeting minutes were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No public comments were presented.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Jason Geiger. Petitioner Jason Geiger proposes to rezone 2.365 acres from A-2 Agricultural to C-2 Commercial to create a mini-warehouse business on lot 2 of CSM 9189 and the design review of the facilities at the northeast corner of the intersection of Town Hall Drive and Hwy 19 in Section 3, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Fetterly/Fiala to approve as proposed. Motion carried, 4 ayes, 0 noes, 3 absent.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Luis Gomez. Petitioner Luis Gomez requests approval to rezone a 0.95 acre lot from R-1 Residential to LC-1 Limited Commercial and a conditional use permit to allow outdoor storage for his drywall contractor equipment at 2545 Kenneth Ct. in Section 32, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Fetterly/Fiala to approve the proposal with the additional provision that only two trucks and two enclosed trailers related to the owner’s drywall business be allowed for outside storage. Motion carried, 4 ayes, 0 noes, 3 absent.
- Reviewed a conceptual plan by Dennis Midthun to reconfigure and add new lots for residential homes, condominiums and a neighborhood park in the Savannah Valley subdivision.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for June 16, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record.
Roger Fetterly, Chair