- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Jane Fiala, Dot Havens, Alan Meyer, Paul Stang, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Also present: Dean Strohmenger, Mark Strohmenger, Attorney Lan Waddell, Jon Jaeck and David Baehr.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on February 10, 2016.
Approve the minutes of previous meeting. Hearing no objections, the January 18, 2016 minutes were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No one appeared.
Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Dean Strohmenger to separate and rezone 16.15 acres of farm buildings and a residence of an existing farm from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to A-2(8) Agricultural to allow sale of the remaining farmland at 1785 Strohmenger Ln, in Section 1, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Havens/Stang to approve the Strohmenger preliminary plan as proposed except that Strohmenger Ln as a dedicated public right-of -way be vacated. Motion carried.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Jon Jaeck for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a limited family business to rent facilities for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, etc., on a 17 acre parcel zoned A-2 Agricultural, north of 5817 Bird St. in Section 7, Town of Sun Prairie.
Motion by Yelk/Quimby to approve contingent upon applicant providing more information and details on building code compliance, building design(s) including materials, lighting, site map for buildings, parking lot, septic system, driveway access and acquiring a liquor license. Motion carried.
- Consider and take action on a preliminary plan by Birrenkott Surveying, Inc. (Realtor David Baehr appeared representing the Martin Living Trust) to rezone a 3.29 acre lot from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to A-2(2) Agricultural (Lot #1) and rezone a 5.39 acre lot from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to RH-2 Rural Homes (Lot #2) to settle the Martin Living Trust estate at 3427 Bailey Rd in Section 30, Town of Sun Prairie.
The Plan commission divided the request into 2 separate items:
- Lot #1. Motion by Yelk/Quimby to approve rezoning 3.29 acre lot #1 from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to A-2(2) Agricultural. Motion Carried.
- Lot #2. In accordance with Chapter 8, para. C2 of the Town of Sun Prairie Comprehensive Plan a second lot is not permitted in a farm consolidation, the LESA analysis scored 95.6 which is above a score of 73 where development is not permitted and the NRCS Soils Survey shows 96% of the land is prime farmland. Motion by Stang/Fiala to deny rezoning 5.39 acre lot #2 from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to RH-2 Rural Homes. Motion carried.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for March 21, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record,
Roger Fetterly, Chair