- Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission was called to order at 7:00 p.m. The following members were present: Chairman Roger Fetterly, Jane Fiala, Dot Havens, Alan Meyer, John Quimby and Doug Yelk. Absent: Paul Stang. Also present: Dean Strohmenger, Attorney Lan Waddell, Rex Martin and David Baehr.
- Public Notice. Notice of the meeting was mailed to Plan Commission members and posted on the three Town bulletin boards on March 15, 2016.
- Approve the minutes of previous meeting. Hearing no objections, the February 15, 2016 minutes were approved as submitted.
- Recess for comments by visitors: No one appeared.
- Public Hearing on Strohmenger petition. Allow public comment on a petition by Dean Strohmenger to separate and rezone 14.652 acres of farm buildings and a residence of an existing farm from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to A-2(8) Agricultural to allow sale of the remaining farmland at 1785 Strohmenger Ln, in Section 1, Town of Sun Prairie.
No one appeared in support or opposition to the petition.
- Consider and take action on Strohmenger petition. Motion by Fetterly/Quimby to approve the Strohmenger petition, except that in addition the owner is required to complete the turnaround at the end of Strohmenger Ln by July 1, 2017. Motion carried.
- Public Hearing on Birrenkott Surveying Petition. Allow public comment on a petition by Birrenkott Surveying, Inc. to rezone a 3.29 acre lot from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to A-2(2) Agricultural (Lot #1) and rezone a 5.39 acre lot from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to RH-2 Rural Homes (Lot #2) to settle the Martin Living Trust estate at 3427 Bailey Rd in Section 30, Town of Sun Prairie.
Realtor David Baehr, representing the Martin Living Trust, spoke in favor of the petition.
- Consider and take action on Birrenkott Surveying Petition. The request was divided into 2 separate items: Lot #1. Motion by Quimby/Havens to approve rezoning 3.29 acre lot #1 from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to A-2(2) Agricultural. Motion Carried.
Lot #2. In accordance with Chapter 8 of the Town of Sun Prairie Comprehensive Plan: (1) a second lot is not permitted in a farm consolidation; (2) the LESA analysis scored 95.6 which is above a score of 73 where development is not permitted, and (3) the NRCS Soils Survey shows 96% of the land is prime farmland. Motion by Fetterly/Fiala to deny rezoning 5.39 acre lot #2 from A-1(Ex) Agricultural to RH-2 Rural Homes. Motion carried.
- Plan commission reviewed briefing material on 2015 Wisconsin Act 178, also known as “Opting Out of County Zoning.” The Plan Commission and Town Board will host a meeting of Dane County officials and Dane County Towns Association on the same subject on April 18 at 7 p.m.
- Set Next Regular Meeting Date. The next regular meeting date of the Town of Sun Prairie Plan Commission is scheduled for April 18, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for the record,
Roger Fetterly, Chair