2017 Budget Public Hearing

  1. Call to Order Public Hearing for the 2017 Budget
  2. Statement of Public Notice
  3. Pledge of Allegiance
  4. Approve Minutes from 2016 Budget & Electors Public Hearing
  5. Public Hearing on Proposed 2017 Budget
  6. Consider & Adopt 2017 Town Budget

 

  2016 2017 %
   Budget Proposed Budget Change
REVENUES      
Taxes $681,407 $715,434 +0.0454%
Other Jurisdiction Tax Recover 5,589    

 

Intergovernmental Revenue 148,675 129,818  
Licenses & Permits 20,125 22,275  
Public Charges for Services 130,765 132,750  
Miscellaneous Revenue 4,350 4,500  
Financing Sources Long Term Loan      
Other Financing Source 115,441 150,547  
TOTAL REVENUES & Cash Applied $1,106,384 $1,155,325 +0.0442%
 

EXPENDITURES

     
General Government $188,894 $187,714  
Public Service 163,077 202,093

 

 
Public Works 536,946 561,832  
Health & Human Services 4,550 4,550  
Conservation and Development 6,686 6,706  
Capital Outlay 7,000 52,430  
Debt Service 0 0  

TOTAL EXPENDITURES

$907,153 $1,015,325

Reserve for Capital Purchases

 

149,231

 

90,000

Reserve for Contingencies 50,000 50,000  
TOTAL EXPEND. & RESERVES $1,106,384 $1,155,325 +0.0442%

 

All Governmental Funds Fund Balance Jan 1, 2017 Total Revenues Total Expenditures Fund Balance Dec 31, 2017 Property Tax Contribution
General Fund $333,694 $1,064,395 $1,165,325 $333,694 $715,434
Capital Fund 402,661              05 90,930 90,000 401,731  
Park Fund 103,682     103,682  
Escrowed Funds 36,174     36,174  
Lonely Lane Bulletin Board 551     551  
Debit Card Access Only 2,975     2,975  
TASC Account 3,107     3,107  
  $882,844 $1,155,325 $1,155,325 $   881,914 $715,434
  1. Adjourn Public Hearing 

Town Electors Meeting

  1. Call to Order SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF THE ELECTORS
  2. To consider the adoption of a resolution at the town meeting endorsing a town board resolution which proposes that the town levy exceed the state allowable levy limit of 1.54%, $10,244 for 2016 town growth with an additional 3%, $20,837 for increased costs for EMS protection and road reconstruction/maintenance for a total 4.54% increase over the allowable levy for 2016, under s. 66.0602 of Wis. Statutes.
  3. To Authorize the Town Board to hire town official(s) as an employee and set an hourly wage pursuant to Section 60.10 (1)(g) and Section 60.10 (2)(L) of Wisconsin Statutes
  4. To approve the total 2017 Highway Expenditures of $429,501 pursuant to Section 82.03 (2)(a) of Wisconsin Statutes.
  5. Authorize Town Borrowing pursuant to Section 60.10(1)(a) of Wisconsin Statutes.
  6. To adopt the 2016 Town Tax Levy of $715,402 to be paid in 2017 pursuant to Section 60.10 (1)(a) of Wisconsin Statutes. This sets the mill rate for the Town of Sun Prairie at 2.616287.
  7. Any other items as allowed by the electors at a Special Town Meeting, pursuant to Section 60.10 (1) and (2)
  8. Adjournment.

 Posted: October 31, 2016 and November 7, 2016

Published: November 4, 2016 and November 11, 2016

Jo Ann Ramsfield, Town Clerk

Persons needing special accommodations should contact the Clerk’s office 837-6688 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.