The Town Board of the Town of Sun Prairie met on Monday March 11, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. at the Town Hall, 5556 Twin Lane Road.
Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 P.M. by chairperson Lyle Updike. Supervisors Vernon Pogue and Doug Yelk, clerk Claudia Quick, deputy clerk Joan Rademacher and highway patrolman Dennis Farrell were present. Eight additional people attended the meeting.
Statement of Public Notice. The chair directed that the minutes show that notice of the Town Board meeting was published in the March 6, 2002 issue of The Star. The agenda was also faxed to the Capital Times. Copies were posted on the three town bulletin boards on March 10, 2002.
Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the minutes of the February 25, 2002 meeting. Motion carried.
Presentation from the Public. None.
Report on Town Roads. Dennis Farrell reported on:
- Report on Shop Roof – there are 5 leaks in the roof. He will contact American Structures Co. (who built the building) to inquire on how to proceed.
- Discuss condition of drain tile under Hwy. 19, section 12. Roto Rooter and Dan Birrenkott located the drain tile. It is about 2/3’s full of material and is collapsed at Hwy. 19. Dan Birrenkott will be sending a written report.
- Discuss condition of 1986 plow truck and possible replacement. We will probably need a plow truck and a salt shed in the near future.
- Shoulders need to be done on Bailey Road – the board said to proceed but to look ahead and prioritize.
Consider and Take Action re: Surety for Road – Hartman CSM Norbert Scribner, County Land Division Review Officer, as required that road surety be posted with the town prior to his approving the CSM. Richard Brockman acting as agent for the Hartman’s reported that he had a road estimate of $33,700 to build the town road needed on the property. The owner is willing to put up a cash bond after the sale of the first lot. Moved by Lyle Updike, second by Vernon Pogue that the condition for construction of the road would be satisfied if they deposited a $42,125 (which is 125% of $33,700) cash surety bond prior to May 1, 2002 with the Town. Some flexibility would be acceptable if Norbert Scribner wanted language slightly different as long as we have the spirit of the motion. Motion carried.
Consider Preliminary Plans for M. Bradley, CTH N, increase size of lot. Mark Bradley stated that he would like to increase his lot size to include the adjacent sheds. He intends to sell his house and buildings. He needs to have 2 acres to change the zoning from R-1 to RH-1. The consensus of the board was that he could proceed to the County.
Consider and Take Action re: Request by G. Geier, 5227 Pierceville Road to extend the buildable area designated on the CSM. Greg Geier reported that they would like to build a pole shed beyond the 200 feet that was originally put as a restriction on his CSM. Consensus of the board was to postpone action until the March 25, 2002 meeting in order to have this item published in the paper.
Consider Preliminary Plans by Schuster Estate for residential zoning change on property located in section 12, adjacent to Drovers Woods. Fred Schuster and Mary Schaeffer on behalf of Schuster Estate presented a plan to the board to add approximately 15 lots to the Drovers Woods area. Consensus was to wait with making a plat application at this time. However, they should make a proposal to the Town Plan Commission to let them know that this could be a viable development area if it is consistent with a town plan.
Update on Budget Reform Bill and Possible Reductions in Shared Revenue. Lyle Updike reported that he attended a meeting about the latest proposal by the joint finance d that there would be no cuts in 2002. A 25% cut in 2003, 50% cut in 2004 and 65% cut in 2005. This would be subject to the next biennium budget.
Audit and Pay Bills. The board reviewed the invoice listing. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the payment of bills with the additions listed. Motion carried. Also, moved by Doug Yelk, second by Vernon Pogue to approve the invoice for the town share of the EMS portion of the Public Safety Building. Motion carried.
Consider and Adopt Resolution concerning Fees for Services. Claudia Quick presented a resolution to establish fees for the Town of Sun Prairie. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to approve the fee schedule as presented with a change in research fees to be $20.00 per hour and the addition of driveway permits. Motion carried.
Consider and Take Action re: Amendment to County Ordinance Chapter 11 concerning structures in shore land setback area. The board took no action.
Consider and Take Action re: Amendment to County Ordinance Chapter 10 concerning Technical Amendments relating to Exclusive Agricultural Zoning. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to disapprove this amendment. The normal letter concerning revision of Chapter 10 will be sent to the county.
Old Business/New Business
- EMS – Vernon Pogue reported on the progress of the new building – should be ready for occupancy in approximately 2 weeks.
- Fire Unit Report – Lyle Updike presented a brief report.
- An amortization schedule from Farmers and Merchants Bank for the EMS loan was presented to the board. The schedule reflected the new loan rate.
- Dane County Towns Meeting is on Wednesday, March 13, 2002.
- Hwy. 19 informational meeting to be held on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at the town hall.
- Received a letter from the Dept. of Natural Resources concerning the Renk-Schuster Property Development.
- Received a settlement of $500.00 from the Sullivan driveway case.
- Payment was received in amount of $1040.00 from Town of Medina for snowplowing of Berlin Road.
- A copy of the land use map sent to Vierbicher & Associates was shown to the board.
Set Next Meeting Date/Adjournment. The next meeting date was set for Monday, March 25, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. Moved by Vernon Pogue, second by Doug Yelk to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 11:15 p.m.
Joan M. Rademacher, Deputy Clerk